I am European, my partner is filipina, require a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

I am European, my partner is filipina, require a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

My partner and me personally you want to invest some times in London in September

My spouse is filipina, she’s got the residency that is belgian and filipino passport.

We do not find topics that are relevant it, also on embassy site it’s confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter along with her passport, residency card, wedding and birth certification, DO SHE HAVE TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR OTHERWISE NOT ?

You want to steer clear of the traditions in UK telling us „No, no entry, your lady requires a visa. „

The visa costs 170EUR here, that is quite a cost

Many Many Thanks ahead of date guatemala women time for your responses or advice

12 replies for this subject

Maybe you have checked regarding the website that is following?

It seems that she may well not require a visa IF she’s got articles 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a relative of a Union Citizen”

Needless to say we examined this amazing site but :

Are you travelling with or visiting either your lover or even member of the family in the united kingdom?

This is the question we dont realize : does it indicate the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has British nationality or european nationality ?

When we answer yes, no need visa.

When we reply no, then the visa will become necessary

For people you will find different definitions. Im perhaps maybe perhaps not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, maybe not english.

Exactly what your spouse requirements is determined by what sort of residence card she’s got. You can find three kinds. If she’s a residence card granted under Article 10 (because of the wording “Residence Card of a relative of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 associated with the Directive (with all the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”) then she just needs a wedding certification to show she actually is hitched for you (along with a valid passport needless to say).

If she’s got a residence card given under Belgian domestic legislation which can be maybe not a write-up 10 or Article 20 card as above, then she must also submit an application for an EEA Family allow. There’s no cost for acquiring an EEA Family license.

In either situation, she actually is just eligible to go to great britain if she’s travelling to you, or perhaps you are actually right here and she’s going to fulfill you (and she can show it). As said, its your duty to test your situation that is own the conditions for entry are explained right here:

Your spouse is travelling with you, you might be (presumably) the owner of a EEA country passport. The critical point is – and just it is possible to respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper format having an explicit mention of Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is obviously shown regarding the her F card „Residency card of family member of an EU citizen“, so I assume we will avoid to pay for worthless cost. Many Many Thanks a whole lot for the good and answers that are fast

HI, i’m in the identical situation while you: I’m a Belgian, real time and work with Belgium, my spouse is Kenyan, she’s an Belgium F card. It appears I guess we need an EEA family permit that it is not an article 10 card, so. This will depend as to how you browse the relevant question regarding the gov.uk web site as previously mentioned before : are you considering travelling with or visiting either your lover or a relative in the united kingdom? therefore, does which means that i want to live or act as an Belgium in the united kingdom or otherwise not? I merely desire to bring a tourist see beside me n my partner to London for X-mas.

The following issue: whenever we assume the solution of past real question is Yes, as my spouse will join me personally toghetter to create a brief stop by at UK, and we also do have to apply for the EEA family license, cost-free, then afther checking out the „apply“ website link into the phrase „You must apply online through the Visa4UK service for the EEA family permit“ with this web site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit THEN we end in some type of cycle with the exact same concern about what kind of visa we must submit an application for and also to submit an application for various kinds of visa’s, however the EEA familypermit is nowhere found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa no actual choice of EEA at „submit an application for a see or transportation visa“ neither on „submit an application for all the visas“ afther I run the enormeous questionlist, we finished up in make an application for an 6month visa for a charge of 110 euro. Therefore for me, it’s not feasible to use for an EEA family license regarding the website that is official. Can anybody assist? Many Many Thanks

Under many circumstances, your lady will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, that is similarly good) until you are „exercising your straight to movement that is free in a EU/EEA country that is maybe maybe maybe not your property nation (ie perhaps maybe maybe not Belgium). Then you would be exercising that right and your wife could get a card under Article 10 and travel with you to the UK without a visa or an EEA Family Permit if you were living/working (or had lived/worked) in an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it wouldn’t matter which country. She would just require her very own passport that is national her wedding certification.

For the 2nd question, unfortuitously, the internet system does not permit me to see just what alternatives you might be given unless we produce a dummy account and also make a dummy application. My understanding is the fact that there are two main dilemmas:

whenever navigating the web site, it does not provide you with any option to choose „EEA Family allow“ until FOLLOWING an account has been created by you.

2) also it isn’t obvious which choices you have to make from the various drop-down boxes to reach the option for „EEA Family Permit“ after you have created an account,. From memory, I think (but just think, because we can;t observe that area of the website) that you must pick from the boxes the following answers in brackets:


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The wizard that is website then make suggestions through all of those other procedure with no indicator you need to pay a charge.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance aided by the office at home recently, and received an answer which they „will observe your feedback up with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) which can be area of the office at home, and certainly will make use of them to help make the content better if necessary“ along with a closing solution for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, October 29, 2018